At Ameribest Home Care, we’re committed to helping you live your best life with the help of our waiver program. Philadelphia residents can take advantage of our community-based services that go beyond what may be covered by Medicaid, Medicare, or other forms of financial assistance. This enables people to remain in a setting in which they’re most comfortable, rather than going to a skilled nursing facility. A waiver program in Philadelphia works to provide you access to community resources while remaining in your own home.
We understand that no one wishes to become a burden to their loved ones. That’s why Ameribest Home Care offers the opportunity for your friend or relative to receive training as part of our waiver program. Philadelphia residents benefit from our training initiatives, which allow adult relatives, such as children, nieces, nephews, or other loved ones, to learn to care for you in your own home. If you don’t have anyone available for training, Ameribest Home Care can provide you with one of our compassionate and trained staff members.
How a Waiver Program in Philadelphia Can Help You
An Ameribest Home Care health aide can help you complete your daily tasks of living. We provide assistance in:
- Preparing meals
- Performing light housekeeping duties that enhance your health (keeping home free of allergens, etc).
- Grocery shopping and other errands
- Cleaning and folding laundry
- Dressing and bathing
- Managing medications
- Scheduling transportation for appointments
- Taking walks
- Other duties, as necessary
The main goal of a waiver program in Philadelphia is to help you live your best life! Our staff is standing by, waiting to help with whatever you need. We’ll help you get exercise, eat healthfully, and attend activities that help you feel your best. Our medication management and appointment scheduling programs also help you take the stress out of managing your health.
How Do I Qualify For a Waiver Program in Philadelphia?
You may qualify for a waiver program in Philadelphia if you meet certain medical and financial conditions. Talk to us about securing your Philadelphia waiver program if you:
- Have a long-term (lasting more than 6 months) condition or disability,
- Make less than $2,162 dollars each month
- Have less than 8,000 in resources from all accounts – checking, savings, stocks, and bonds)
If you own a home, talk to us, as we can explain how it may affect your application for a waiver program in Philadelphia.
Types of Waiver Programs in Philadelphia
If the above conditions apply to you, there are several types of waiver programs in Philadelphia you may choose to apply for. Some of the most common we offer at Ameribest Home Care include:
- Attendant Care/Act 150 waivers, which allow you to remain in your home if you have a physical disability,
- An Independence waiver in Philadelphia, which provides assistance to adults with severe physical disabilities,
- An Aging waiver, which is reserved for older Pennsylvanians who want to retain their independence,
- A COMMCARE waiver in Philadelphia, which provides services for victims of traumatic brain injury (TBI)
- An OBRA waiver, reserved for developmental disabilities.
If you’re committed to remaining independent and in your community, a waiver program in Philadelphia may be right for you. If you have questions, or would like to start an application, please call us at 215-925-3313 or 1-800-HOMECARE.