Completing activities of daily living, such as bathing and dressing, are essential to independence, which is why Ameribest Home Care offers comprehensive occupational therapy. Philadelphia residents have been turning to the expertise and compassion of our therapy team for years! We staff our company with the best and brightest occupational therapy professionals Philadelphia has to offer.
Therapy plays an essential role in helping you or your loved one maintain their independence and quality of life. Our occupational therapy services in Philadelphia are administered by licensed and thoroughly background checked professionals. We hire therapists who are not only knowledgeable and the best in their field, but also friendly and compassionate. At Ameribest Home Care, we have only one goal: to help you live your best life with our occupational therapy in Philadelphia!
How Do We Approach Occupational Therapy in Philadelphia?
Your occupational therapy begins with an initial meeting with an Occupational Therapist (OT). OTs are highly educated and specialized health professionals who work with you and your loved ones to enhance your quality of life by helping you complete daily tasks. Occupational therapy in Philadelphia will help you improve your functionality in everyday life situations.
For example, with occupational therapy Philadelphia residents can receive help in overcoming developmental, social, emotional, or physical challenges that make it difficult for them to function. OTs may instruct patients on techniques that help them eat, cook, clean, dress, or bathe.
Occupational therapy in Philadelphia also teaches patients how to effectively manage their conditions so they can live their best lives. After a thorough initial evaluation, we’ll develop a plan of care for occupational therapy. Philadelphia patients will be able to complete their activities of daily living and experience a healthier life after attending sessions.
OTs also take a preventive approach to occupational therapy, as Philadelphia patients will develop coping strategies to deal with emotional or social changes in a healthy way. At Ameribest Home Care, we believe patients will be able to live happier lives with an emphasis on a healthy and active lifestyle.
Prepare For Occupational Therapy in Philadelphia
Our occupational therapy services in Philadelphia begin with a comprehensive evaluation, and your therapist will develop a plan of care in accordance with your physician’s recommendations. A plan of care uses evidence-based medicine to restore you to your highest possible level of functioning.
Why might you need occupational therapy? Philadelphia area patients may report to Ameribest Home Care after reports of:
- A major medical event such as a stroke, heart attack, or heart failure that prevent activities of daily living (ADLs)
- A developmental or intellectual disability that impedes daily activities
- Any decline in social, emotional, or intellectual function
- Loss of fine or gross motor function at any age
How Can Occupational Therapy in Philadelphia Help?
Many of our patients aren’t sure what to expect from their first session of occupational therapy. Our Philadelphia area occupational therapists will use a variety of techniques to help you live your best life. The point of occupational therapy is to restore your highest level of functioning and ensure you can maintain your independence. Here are some of the techniques our Ameribest Home Care occupational therapy team might use:
- Rehabilitative exercises using specialized equipment. Occupational therapy in Philadelphia differs from physical therapy in that it focuses on activities such as bathing and dressing, which require fine motor coordination.
- Feeding therapy. Certain developmental and medical conditions prevent some patients from chewing or enjoying a variety of foods. Our occupational therapy in Philadelphia helps patients overcome sensory and neurological hurdles in feeding therapy.
- Effective coping strategies for sensory integration, emotional, or social issues.
- Providing advice and supervision to friends and family with regard to occupational therapy treatment. Philadelphia area family members will benefit from observing how we treat their loved ones, so they can reinforce it at home.
Getting Family Involved in Occupational Therapy in Philadelphia
In order to achieve the best outcomes in occupational therapy, Philadelphia family members must be involved in the process of rehabilitation. At Ameribest Home Care, we know that our patients have the best chance of living their most functional life when loved ones and caregivers can reinforce our exercises at home. That’s why we familiarize friends and family with our rehabilitative procedures. You’re an integral part of the recovery process, so feel free to ask us questions!
Our occupational therapists also consult with loved ones, support staff, and the supervising physician about the patient’s progress. Regular re-evaluation helps us ensure we’re doing everything in our power to restore functionality. At Ameribest Home Care, we believe everyone has a role to play in occupational therapy. Philadelphia family members have an important place in this process, so we encourage you to attend as many sessions as possible
What to Look For In Occupational Therapy in Philadelphia
If you’re seeking for quality occupational therapy in Philadelphia, look for the following benefits:
- Flexible scheduling options. The best occupational therapy in Philadelphia works with your schedule, so you don’t have to miss sessions.
- Options for financing. We know that occupational therapy in Philadelphia can be expensive, especially when you’re fighting your insurance company. We offer medical social work and waiver programs, so you can receive treatment that’s within your budget.
- Friendly and enthusiastic therapists. When you’re looking for occupational therapy in Philadelphia, it’s essential to find someone who’s both knowledgeable and compassionate. At Ameribest Home Care, we use evidence-based practices for rehabilitation – and we’ll always be rooting for you.
Scheduling Your Occupational Therapy in Philadelphia
Are you ready to regain your quality of life with occupational therapy in Philadelphia? Ameribest Home Care is waiting for you! The right treatment approach will help restore your ability to complete activities of daily living and live your best life. Our therapists will apply evidence-based practices and an enthusiastic commitment to get you back to your highest level of functioning. To begin your occupational therapy, call Philadelphia’s leaders in rehabilitation at 215-925-3313 or 1-800-HOMECARE. Your road to recovery begins here!